Create a new vApp using the vSphere Web Client
Today I am creating a new vApp in my lab environment for Microsoft Exchange 2016. It will consist of one domain controller and two Exchange servers.
Note: Before creating a new vApp you need to ensure that DRS is enabled on the cluster
Here are the steps to create a new vApp using the vSphere Web Client:
- Log in to the vSphere Web Client
- Right-click on the appropriate cluster or folder and choose New vApp and then New vApp…
- Choose Create a new vApp and click Next
- Select the desired cluster, host or resource pool and click Next
- Enter a name for the vApp and click Next
- Configure the resource allocation as required and click Next
- Click Finish
Now the vApp has been created I can populate it by either dragging existing VMs onto it in the Navigator pane or right-click on the vApp and select New Virtual Machine to create a new VM directly inside the vApp.
To configure the vApp I can right-click on it and choose Edit Settings.